These cookies are by far the best I’ve ever made and I doubt I will ever make better ones. The recipe is my own (thanks to the supermarket not having the required ingredients and I had to improvise!).
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature (about 145 g)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup chopped up dark chocolate bar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts (toast them in oven for 20 min or so)
- 1 sleeping baby to allow you to make the recipe
Position racks in center and top third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Mix in egg and extract. Beat in flour mixture. Mix in oats, then chocolate chips, cranberries and nuts.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies 12 minutes. Switch and rotate baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden, about 6 minutes longer. Cool cookies on baking sheets (cookies will firm as they cool). (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)